Hosted by Abertay University in Dundee, Scotland, this first joint conference will be a landmark exchange of ideas for academics and educators within games research in a wide range of disciplines.
About Abertay University
Hosts of this first joint conference, Abertay University is the United Kingdom’s leading university in computer games education and launching the next generation of interactive digital media companies. It launched the world’s first computer games technology degree in 1997, and runs both the UK Centre of Excellence for Computer Games Education and the international game design contest Dare to be Digital.
Abertay’s unique partnership with the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) makes Dare to be Digital the exclusive pathway to the BAFTA Ones to Watch Award, a major recognition of up-and-coming games talent.
Abertay’s facilities include, among other things, the largest Playstation teaching laboratory in Europe.
Abertay University is the only European university to be ranked in the prestigious Princeton Review’s just-published list for 2015 of the ‘Top 25 Schools to Study Game Design’.
In the graduate list, Abertay is the only non-US institution listed, and in the undergraduate list Abertay is one of only two non-US institutions, the other being a college in Vancouver, Canada.
DiGRA/FDG aims to be a venue for game research from all research disciplines. Conference tracks are:
- Game design: Design techniques, practices, methods, post mortems, etc.
- Game criticism and analysis: Close readings, ontologies and frameworks, historical studies, philosophical explorations, and other humanities-informed approaches
- Play studies, Interaction and player experience: studies of play, observations and interviews of players, and research based on other methods from the social sciences; game interfaces, player metrics, modeling player experience
- Artificial intelligence: agents, motion/camera planning, navigation, adaptivity, procedural content generation, dialog, authoring tools, general game playing
- Game technology: engines, frameworks, graphics, networking, animation
- Game production: studies of game production processes, studio studies, software studies, platform studies and software engineering
Slot Centered Online CasinosNew casinos and slot games: Latest slot games by recommended software providers and a list of recently launched operators
It won’t just be about hard work at this conference…. Take the opportunity to discover the city of Dundee and its surroundings while you’re here, and participate in some of the great social events we’re laying on for you. Experience the grandeur of Guthrie Castle (dating back to the 15th century) at our gala dinner, and dance the night away to the latest sounds in the historic former jute mill Verdant Works.
Our timing’s perfect, because the DiGRA / FDG joint conference coincides with Dare ProtoPlay, the UK’s biggest independent games festival – and you’re invited too.
We’ve got discount cards to help you get the best value out of your visit, and check out our travel and accommodation page for more information and travel tips.